The Missouri Arts Council has a dedicated website for our Online Grant Application System for both annual grants and express grants (formerly “monthly”), where you can…
- Submit your grant applications
- Review grant applications after you have submitted them
- Access helpful documents such as grant guidelines and tips for winning grants
- Review sample grant applications
Annual Grants, FY2017
Annual grants for projects taking place from July 1, 2016 to June 30, 2017 have been awarded.
Annual Grants, FY2018
The first draft of applications for projects taking place from July 1, 2017 to June 20, 2018 was be due on January 30, 2017. The final application is due on February 27.
Applications for express grants are reviewed on a rolling basis. We accept Express applications in Arts Education including the Big Yellow School Bus grant, Strategic Projects including Minority Arts and Community Arts, and Touring (School and Community). The guidelines and applications for FY2017 monthly grants are on the Online Grant Application System website. You should apply no later than two months in advance of the month the project begins. For example, if the project occurs in October, the deadline is the first Monday of August.
Information About Previous Years
Grant Application Dates and Deadlines
Missouri Arts Council grants have either annual or rolling application deadlines.
Express Grant Applications
Applications for Express Grants (formerly called “monthly” grants) are accepted on a rolling basis. The deadline is the first Monday of the month, two months in advance of the month the project occurs. For example, for a project in May, the application must be received no later than the first Monday in March. If the first Monday is a holiday, the deadline is on Tuesday. Applications are accepted earlier. Draft applications may be reviewed by contacting the program specialist in advance of the deadline. Early applications are encouraged.
Annual Grant Applications
- Draft due: last Monday in January
- Final due: last Monday in February
- Off-Year due: last Monday in February
- Support Material due: last Monday in February
- Award Letters sent: early July
- Interim Reports due: 45 Days after award letter mailed
- Signed contract due: 30 days from date mailed by Missouri Arts Council
- Final Report due: 30 days after project ends
Grant Information Workshops
Are you interested in receiving funding for your arts organization from the Missouri Arts Council? Every year, we have the workshop for you! You’ll learn how to navigate the Missouri Arts Council grant process by joining us in the fall for the annual free Grant Information Workshops.
These free workshops are designed for new applicants or those who need basic help with the Missouri Arts Council grant process. The workshop topics focus on both Express and Annual grant programs. While arts education grants are not be specifically addressed, much of the general information applies.
Grant Information Workshops for FY2017 were held from October to December in 2016. The next series of workshops will be held in fall 2017. We habitually hold the workshops in Cape Girardeau, Columbia, Joplin, Kansas City, Hannibal, Rolla, St. Joseph, St. Louis, and Springfield.
What will I learn?
- Who is eligible to apply
- What the Missouri Arts Council funds
- What grant programs are available
- How to use the online application process
- How the application and support materials address each criterion
- How to upload support material
Who should attend?
Eligible organizations (Missouri-based, tax-exempt only) looking for funding for arts projects who are not familiar with the Missouri Arts Council application process, or who have previously applied and not received satisfactory panel scores. Those who have previously applied and are familiar with the process do not need to attend.
How do I find out about upcoming workshops?
- Watch this page. We’ll post the complete schedule and links for registration.
- Sign up for our email list. You’ll receive our monthly newsletter, Art Starts Here, and occasional other updates including the announcement of the workshop locations and dates.
- For more information about the workshops, call or email program specialist Jill Tutt, 314-340-6857, email@example.com.