Missouri Arts Council
815 Olive St., Suite 16, St. Louis, MO 63101
Located in downtown St. Louis in the historic Old Post Office building, close to public transportation. Parking provided.
$39,600 – $41,884 annually (based upon experience)
Open until filled
Are you passionate about the arts? Do you want to find meaning and purpose in your work? Do you want to have a direct impact within our state’s diverse communities by helping organizations that offer arts programming to receive state funding? In this exciting role, the Arts Council Program Specialist is responsible for the administration of the Missouri Arts Council grant programs and helping organizations navigate the grant process.
We are seeking dynamic individuals who are committed to high quality work and enjoy a challenging, fast-paced, team environment. This position is integral in serving a vast array of partners across Missouri. Grant writing experience is preferred and project coordination experience is a must. A person in this position will exercise professional judgement and leadership skills.
- Professional position in the Lt. Governor’s office managing and coordinating assigned fine arts grant programs for the Missouri Arts Council
- Oversee Grant Programs including developing programs and guidelines, training applicants, coordinating the panel process, monitoring organizations and procedures
- Strengthen the arts sector including developing resources, convening organizations, identifying sector needs, and communicating with applicants
The ideal candidate will possess strong critical thinking, high levels of commitment, ability to work as a team and individually, meet deadlines, adhere to state policy, and take direction from supervisors. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to build client relationships. Candidates must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and utilize cloud-based systems. Experience with fine-arts and/or arts administration is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of Missouri Arts Council’s purpose, goals, and programs
- Knowledge of arts field including trends, activities, and resources
- Knowledge of program development and evaluation/assessment
- Knowledge of nonprofit practices, needs, and regulations
- Ability to work effectively with coworkers, applicants, and the public
- Ability to develop, evaluate, and monitor arts programs
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to present clearly to a group
- Ability to plan and organize activities to achieve organizational goals
- Ability to travel
What the Missouri Arts Council offers
A small team with a culture that values connecting and impacting the state with the arts. Mission-driven, innovative, and creative. Strong benefit package, generous paid time off, insurance, and qualified pension plan.
Go to MO Careers, the website to apply for all jobs with the State of Missouri. (The website may initially read “no items” or “no items selected” when first loading.) Select Arts Council Program Specialist – Lt. Governor’s Office (left-hand column on desktop). You will be able to upload your resume (files accepted are PDF, doc, docx, and txt) and will create a login for completing the application.